Guardian to outsource work to Seven Squared
LONDON - The Guardian has confirmed it is to outsource production of its commercially-funded supplements, microsites and advertorials to customer publisher Seven Squared, putting a number of jobs at risk.
Guardian's new King's Place offices
The work is currently undertaken by Guardian News & Media's in-house department, Guardian Creative, which employs 48 staff.
It is not known how many of the staff will be at risk of redundancy as the unit will continue to work on other Guardian publications. GN&M is also running a voluntary redundancy scheme across the company.
In a statement released today GN&M said that Guardian Creative will continue to produce promotional publications in-house, such as its 'Guides to' booklets.
And while GN&M will work with Seven Squared, it said Guardian Creative will retain editorial control of all commercial publications, which will continue to be published under the GN&M brand.GN&M parent group Guardian Media Group (GMG) is a shareholder in Severn Squared.
The move comes as Guardian News & Media, which publishes The Guardian and The Observer, looks to alleviate a pre-tax loss of £57m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London