Viewers call for more comedy at Christmas
Doctor Who and Kylie are leading the BBC Christmas line-up but will viewers be tuning in? Here you can see a short video on what viewers really want to watch over the Christmas period and what they make of the BBC line-up.
The Christmas special of 'Doctor Who', which takes place on board the Titanic and co-stars Kylie Minogue, leads the BBC festive line-up, which also includes a special episode of 'Extras' and 'Strictly Come Dancing Sequins'.
The 'Doctor Who' Christmas Day special follows the show's recent guest appearance on BBC One's 'Children in Need', where the current Doctor, David Tennant, met the former Doctor, Peter Davidson.
The fifth series of the show will air in spring 2008, with Catherine Tate as the new assistant. Tate will also be appearing over the Christmas period in a special edition of 'The Catherine Tate Show'.
Another former 'Doctor Who' assistant, Billie Piper, will also be back on the BBC this Christmas. She will star as Sally Lockhart in an adaptation of 'The Shadow in the North', by 'The Golden Compass' writer Philip Pullman.
Victoria Wood, Emilia Fox and Emma Watson will star in a feature-length dramatisation of the classic novel 'Ballet Shoes', by Noel Streatfeild.
Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly will present 'Strictly Come Dancing Sequins', a special one-off programme marking the end of the latest series of sparkles and show-stopping moments.
In the Christmas special of 'Extras', Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant have signed up George Michael and Clive Owen as guest stars, among others.
'Top Gear' favourite Richard Hammond will come face-to-face with an American stunt legend in 'Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knievel'.
Other comebacks include the return of Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles in a one-off of the 70s hit sitcom 'To the Manor Born'.
Jana Bennett, Director of BBC Vision, said: "Our Christmas schedule features the finest talent British television has to offer so we invite you to gather family and friends together, sit back, relax and let us entertain you -- there really is something for everyone this year on BBC Television."
In films, the BBC has a strong Hollywood offering with the likes of 'Shrek II', 'Finding Nemo' and 'Meet the Fockers', on BBC One. Meanwhile, BBC Two will be screening 'Girl with a Pearl Earring', 'The History Boys' and 'Sin City'. BBC Three will feature a Quentin Tarantino season and BBC Four will have 'Les Choristes' as part of its dance season.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London