2002 Hit Products in Japan
Japanese agency,Dentsu, looks into the hit products of 2002 in Japan, giving an in-depth picture of lifestyles and consumer thinking. This report also includes a consumer trend forecast for 2003.
In Japan, 2002's prolonged recession combined with deflationary pressures cast a long shadow over the consumer psyche, and consumers as a whole increasingly felt they were confined in a "no-way-out" situation, as if the "deflation of the consumer heart had been firmly set in place.
And as consumers' preferences and tastes continue to diversify, jit products of explosive scale, that is, the produst capable of attracting consumers of all ages, male or female, and of motivating them to be the first to buy the product are less likely to emerge.
Yet despite these circumstances, the hit products of 2002 allowed people to consume and still feel good about it.
In 2002, products that allowed people to enjoy modest deviation from the repetition of daily routines went on to become major hit products by capruting the mind and soul of consumers.
Contents of full report:
-Consumerism off the balance sheet; premonitions of lifestyle change
-The four consumption spheres of "Consumerism off the balance sheet"
-Lifting the ban on self-assertion
-Back-scratching made easy
-Rebirth of Energy Conservation
-Better to be with others than to be alone
-I'm not ALONE!
-365/24/7 Smooth connection to the rest of the world
-"Tasty" venues for social interaction
-E = mc2
-Japan, the beautiful, and myself
-Innocence under a sky aglow with the setting sun
-Consumer trend forecast for 2003 based on this year's hit products
To download this PDF report in full, click on the link below. Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London