Book review: Advertising
A revised edition of a comprehensive, practical and contemporary introduction to the core concepts and practice of advertising.
The new edition has been substantially rewritten to reflect the impact of new media and research methods, and the new emphasis on integrated communications and international branding.
The text includes coverage of ad agency functions, how to assess the effectiveness of advertising, and how to create a successful ad campaign - all illustrated with numerous recent case histories and examples of current advertising material.
New references, images and examples that bring the student right up-to-date with recent developments
Coverage of new media and technology that have allowed an integrated communications approach to advertising
Many references to recent high profile campaigns to illustrate how to select the right media, marketing mix and advertising strategy
1. Introduction 2. The agency world 3. Managing the client-agency relationship 4. How advertising works 5. Planning advertisements - strategy 6. Planning advertisements - creative briefing 7. Creating the ads. 8. Evaluating advertisements 9. The media 10. Television 11. The press 12. Secondary media 13. Response and interactive advertising 14. Planning the campaign 15. Advertising and the law 16. Advertising and economics. 17. Advertising and society 18. Global, glocal, local? 19. The future Bibliography and additional information.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East