Do viewers want more live ads like the Honda skydiving spot?
Honda's live skydiving ad attracted a lot of media coverage but what did viewers really think about it? Here you can see a short video on the public's reaction, if they watched it, and whether they would like to see more live ads in the future.
Honda's skydiving team made history by successfully spelling out their brand name in a live ad on Channel 4.
The ad, which lasted 3 minutes and 20 seconds, went smoothly and without a single hitch, as the 19 stuntmen plummeted to the Earth from 14,000 feet above sea level.
It started at 8.10pm, during a commercial break for Channel 4's cookery series 'Come Dine with Me', with a shot of the green safety light inside the aeroplane.
A series of camera angles then showed the skydivers clambering on the outside of the aeroplane, and following a signal from the team leader, they threw themselves into the air.
Within seconds they had formed the initial 'H', and 'O' soon followed. For a moment, it looked as though the 'N' was drifting apart, but the team pulled it off, before forming a 'D' as they passed through a cloud, and finally a perfect 'A'.
The ad, which supported the campaign strapline "difficult is worth doing", ended with one of the skydivers revealing the message "hello mum" on his gloves.
Channel 4 said the ad break drew an average of 2.2m individual viewers; it began with 2.1m viewers at 20.10pm and ended with 2.3m viewers at 20.13pm. The broadcaster estimates the audience for the ad grew by 8% during its live transmission.
The stunt was created by Channel 4's in-house creative team 4creative, with support from media agency Starcom.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire