Havas Media appoints Kleiner as first head of social media
LONDON - Havas Media has appointed its first UK head of social media Neil Kleiner to evangelise the medium across its agency portfolio.
Kleiner: evangelising social media across Havas agencies
Kleiner will be responsible for working with social media experts in each of Havas Media UK agencies, including MPG, Media Contact, Arena BLM Quantum, AIS and Cake.
Kleiner joins from IPG-owned Momentum where he was global social media strategist and developed global media strategies for global clients such as Coca Cola, Sony and Nokia.
Havas Media UK chief executive Mark Craze said: "Social media is a complex and massive opportunity for our clients to get a competitive advantage.
"It is evolving at a breakneck speed and changing on a daily basis, which makes it both scary and exciting. Neil will ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of the market in delivering outstanding strategic and implementational advice to our clients."
In February Havas reported it had suffered a 14.3% year-on-year decline in organic growth in the UK in the fourth quarter of 2009, as the French marketing group said its operations were still taking a hit from the "steep reduction in advertising spend in the UK".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London