Charities join forces to fight the fat
LONDON - Three of the UK's leading health charities have joined forces to encourage individuals to fight the flab through a light-hearted campaign.
Active Fat: by Unruly and Nonsense
A humorous animation created by Cancer Research UK, Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation shows a sinister active belly fat cell character travelling through a stomach, to raise awareness of the dangers of carrying excess weight around the middle of your waist.
The online campaign, 'Active Fat', created by Unruly and Nonsense, will be spread across the charities websites, and there is a dedicated microsite, activefat.org.uk, where visitors can get top tips for losing weight.
The drive will also include social media activity on Facebook and Twitter, as well as search.
The animation reflects a new survey that found a shocking 97% of people in Britain are unaware that their beer bellies and muffin tops are generating higher levels of oestrogen and excess chemicals in their stomachs, putting them at risk of cancer, Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
A campaign spokesperson for the charities said: "While the online environment is becoming increasingly competitive for charities, we felt it was vital to share our expertise in fighting active belly fat.
"We hope to engage with a new online audience, by using a humorous belly fat character that still carries a serious health message."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham