Building Retail Brands
Establishing and communicating a brand may be harder for multibrand retailers than for their single-brand counterparts, but brand building is essential for both. Article from McKinsey Quarterly.
Facing a marketplace overflowing with stores, most retailers have spent the past several years tirelessly searching for new ways to grow. In the case of runaway successes such as the apparel manufacturers Nike and Calvin Klein, the secret appears to be strong, well-leveraged brands, which, McKinsey research shows, add five points on average to shareholder returns. Do retailers have the same access to brand magic?
Vertically integrated ones certainly do. Companies, such as Gap and Victoria's Secret, that design, manufacture, and market their own products have very substantial long-term growth expectations embedded in their share price, reflecting, in part, the expectations created by their brand strength.
For free access to the full text of this article, including a downloadable version, click here. (Registration required on McKinseyQuarterly.com.).
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London