Building the Matrix: A Case Study in Teamwork Among Strategic Planners and Market Researchers.
Researchers were able to blend their roles together with those of the strategic planners and were thereby able to enhance the value of research to the business. The case study illustrates how and why such a role-blending approach adds business value. Paper by Carol K. Galvin, Bernardette Delamar, Luis H. Rodriguez, NOP.
This paper presents a case study wherein the authors collaborated to apply the data gathered in a large segmentation research project to the strategic planning process at Lotus Software Division of IBM Corporation.
Researchers were able to blend their roles together with those of the strategic planners and were thereby able to enhance the value of research to the business. The case study illustrates how and why such a role-blending approach adds business value.
The fundamental issue: Business value
The Market Intelligence Professional
The Research Provider Professional
The story so far
The strategic planner joins the information flow
The strategic planning process
The next level
Channel contact example with segments overlaid
First level of integration: Blending across traditional roles
Second level of integration: Blended team in business processes
A different way of engaging
To view this paper, click on the link below. Adobe Acrobat reader required.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire