Business the Yahoo! Way
Yahoo! is one of the strongest brands in the new economy and, for millions of users, the internet means Yahoo!. Well, it did at one point anyway.
It was the first online navigational guide and is widely seen as a bellwether for the industry, although more recently it has found itself struggling.
Business the Yahoo! Way identifies 10 key business management principles that have put the company in its position, such as branding, promoting the "hell out of it", building partnerships, and "staying paranoid".
The book was written before Yahoo!'s fortunes took a downturn, along with the rest of the dotcom sector, and it loses some of its impact as a result of this. Perhaps it is time for a new edition examining what went wrong and how Yahoo! will survive.
That said, Yahoo! is still one of the top internet brands and this is still an insightful, clearly written book.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- New Business Developer Periscope Recruitment LLP £60000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager London up to £30,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Director Guru Careers £40 - 60k DOE, Based in South West London (SW18) - Commutable from Putney, Central London, The City, Greater London
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager Source £27000 - £35000 per annum, London