Business the Yahoo! Way
Yahoo! is one of the strongest brands in the new economy and, for millions of users, the internet means Yahoo!. Well, it did at one point anyway.
It was the first online navigational guide and is widely seen as a bellwether for the industry, although more recently it has found itself struggling.
Business the Yahoo! Way identifies 10 key business management principles that have put the company in its position, such as branding, promoting the "hell out of it", building partnerships, and "staying paranoid".
The book was written before Yahoo!'s fortunes took a downturn, along with the rest of the dotcom sector, and it loses some of its impact as a result of this. Perhaps it is time for a new edition examining what went wrong and how Yahoo! will survive.
That said, Yahoo! is still one of the top internet brands and this is still an insightful, clearly written book.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive + fantastic benefits package, London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London