Business to Business E-Commerce
The following section outlines the systems used by the major retailers to share information with suppliers. By IGD Consumer Unit
For many years, retailers have linked computers with their suppliers to share order information and invoices using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Companies are now using the Internet to exchange a much wider range of information, including:
The Internet is cheap to use and very accessible and so has made EDI available to all companies no matter how small.
Business to business E-Commerce is also being helping to track special areas such as promotions.
The following section outlines the systems used by the major retailers to share information with suppliers.
Sainsbury’s Information Direct (SID)
SID consists of the following components:
Performance Data Site (PDS)
provides information to suppliers on key areas of performance including:
- Stocks out in store
- Supplier Service Levels e.g. delivery on time
- Product Sales
- Depot stock levels
Supply Chain Development Group
- an on line discussion forum to exchange ideas
- Allows a secure two-way exchange of information, e.g. for orders and invoices
Collaborative Planning System (CPS)
- enables Sainsbury’s and suppliers to jointly plan and manage the promotions process.
Safeway Supplier Information Service (SIS)
SIS provides suppliers with direct access to the Safeway data warehouse. It shows suppliers information on their own products including:
The next generation of data available through SIS will include the correlation of product sale to weather conditions.
For more details contact IGD on
+44 (0) 1923 857141
+44 (0) 1923 852531
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London