Campaign Creative Conference: Advertising versus other Marketing Disciplines
Creative ideas and inspiration have always been the lifeblood of the advertising and marketing industries. But in a tough economic climate the value of the uniquely brilliant creative idea is inestimable. Presentation by Alan McWalter, Former Group Marketing Director, Marks and Spencer.
Never has t been more important for creativity to be the touchstone for everyone working on promoting brands, from those in advertising creative departments, client marketing departments, in media agencies or at media owners; all must work harder than ever to secure the creative standout that drives sales.
Yet achieving the standout in the fragmented, digital media world in which brands now operate is an increasingly complex challenge. We face a future of do-it-yourself media. TV Viewing is already spread across hundreds of channels and there’s the prospect of new technology which will allow us to create our own daily newspaper tailored to our individual interests. As the consumer’s ability to manipulate media and select and deselect advertising becomes a reality, the importance of world-class creativity becomes more crucial.
Alan McWalter is a former marketing director of Marks and Spencer and knows as well as anybody the broad range of weapons that a marketer has in their communications armoury. Above-the-line advertising is a crucial marketing tool. But only one of many as McWalter explains.
Brand Ideas; Creative change; Coding the Brand; Brand Cycle; Competing for Limited Rsource; M&S case study
To open this file click below. Adobe Acrobat reader required.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London