Campaign Creative Conference: Advertising versus other Marketing Disciplines
Creative ideas and inspiration have always been the lifeblood of the advertising and marketing industries. But in a tough economic climate the value of the uniquely brilliant creative idea is inestimable. Presentation by Alan McWalter, Former Group Marketing Director, Marks and Spencer.
Never has t been more important for creativity to be the touchstone for everyone working on promoting brands, from those in advertising creative departments, client marketing departments, in media agencies or at media owners; all must work harder than ever to secure the creative standout that drives sales.
Yet achieving the standout in the fragmented, digital media world in which brands now operate is an increasingly complex challenge. We face a future of do-it-yourself media. TV Viewing is already spread across hundreds of channels and there’s the prospect of new technology which will allow us to create our own daily newspaper tailored to our individual interests. As the consumer’s ability to manipulate media and select and deselect advertising becomes a reality, the importance of world-class creativity becomes more crucial.
Alan McWalter is a former marketing director of Marks and Spencer and knows as well as anybody the broad range of weapons that a marketer has in their communications armoury. Above-the-line advertising is a crucial marketing tool. But only one of many as McWalter explains.
Brand Ideas; Creative change; Coding the Brand; Brand Cycle; Competing for Limited Rsource; M&S case study
To open this file click below. Adobe Acrobat reader required.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive + fantastic benefits package, London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London