Campaign Creative Conference: The Creative Department-No Place for a Woman?
Creative ideas and inspiration have always been the lifeblood of the advertising and marketing industries. But in a tough economic climate the value of the uniquely brilliant creative idea is inestimable.
Never has it been more important for creativity to be the touchstone for everyone working on promoting brands, from those in advertising creative departments, client marketing departments, in media agencies or at media owners; all must work harder than ever to secure the creative standout that drives sales.
Yet achieving the standout in the fragmented, digital media world in which brands now operate is an increasingly complex challenge. We face a future of do-it-yourself media. TV Viewing is already spread across hundreds of channels and there’s the prospect of new technology which will allow us to create our own daily newspaper tailored to our individual interests. As the consumer’s ability to manipulate media and select and deselect advertising becomes a reality, the importance of world-class creativity becomes more crucial.
Female creatives are a rare species. Why is this and does it matter? Debbie Klein looks at the reasons why there are so few women in the creative department, and discusses whether this is an issue for the industry and what can be done.
Proportion of Women by Department; Copywriters and Art Directors; 5 Reasons why
To open this file click below. Adobe Acrobat reader required.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London