ABC to enable newspapers to split Saturday from weekday circ figures
National newspaper publishers will soon be able to report circulation figures of their individual titles in the week, with Saturday split out, as part of a move to bring transparency to the ad-trading process.
Saturday editions: ABC figures will stand alone
The move will result in advertisers and agencies being able to easily access the reach of a newspaper Monday to Friday, and then have additional information on any Saturday editions.
The additional data will be included in the ABC's April audit published on 11th May. Furthermore, from July, the auditor will also publish daily average indices across each six-month periods, to enable planners to track an average circulation for a Monday – or any other day – for example.
Rufus Olins, chief executive of the Newspaper Marketing Agency, said: "This is a significant step that provides more granularity and transparency into the circulation of our national news brands – and we hope agencies will find this insight useful.
"In the current multimedia landscape, we will continue to look at ways to provide insight into the different channels and the overall growth of our news brands' audiences."
Lynne Robinson, research director at agency body, IPA, called the move an "important and welcome step towards greater transparency", which aligns data closer to the way campaigns are planned.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...