BMW unveils plans for floating Olympic showroom
BMW, the official automotive partner for the London 2012 Games, has unveiled plans for a state-of-the-art, floating showroom, as a central plank of its sponsorship of this year's Olympics.
BMW: unveils Olympic Pavilion
BMW is providing 4,000 vehicles to transport athletes and officials during this year's Olympics.
The 800sqm two-storey venue will be positioned on columns above the Waterworks river, situated between the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatics Centre.
The British architecture firm Serie won the competition to design the structure. Its plans have been unveiled with less than 170 days to go until the Olympics.
The showroom- which is in the process of being built- will be made from steel and recycled content to showcase BMW's environmental credentials.
The showroom will be cooled by filtered river water.
The top floor of the showroom will house BMW's eco-friendly vehicles, while the ground floor will house interactive exhibits which focus on the company's sustainable initiatives.
BMW is predicting more than 8,000 visitors a day to its showroom.
BMW has come in for criticism regarding the potential environmental impact of the thousands of cars it its providing for dignitaries and official during the Olympics.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...