Campaign Viral Chart: Google's Valentine's doodle video is most shared
Google's Valentine's Day animation is the most-shared ad this week, with more than 88,000 shares of the heart-warming cartoon in the past seven days.
Google's Valentine's doodle: most shared this week
The video, breaking a three-week run of Super Bowl ads dominance at the top of the chart, has generated 90,103 shares on Facebook and 256 blog posts since its release.
Super Bowl ads from H&M, Volkswagen and M&Ms are the only ones to remain in this week's chart.
Sharing of H&M's ad for David Beckham's bodywear range fell to under 10,000, the video having now been viewed more than two million times.
A resurgence in the sharing of a Wheat Thins ad, starring Brian and Stewie from US cartoon series 'Family Guy', sees the video re-enter the chart after a two-week lapse.
An ad for Ecotricity, showing the demise of animated cooling towers in favour of wind turbines, enters the chart in third place with 25,180 shares.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network have not been included in this week's count.
1. Google 'Valentine's Day Doodle' by Saatchi & Saatchi
88,406 shares this week
All time: 90,359 shares
2. M&M 'sexy and I know it' by BBDO New York
56,978 shares this week
All time: 400,778 shares
3. Ecotricity 'collapsing cooling towers' Man + Hatchet
25,180 shares this week
All time: 39,095 shares
4. Volkswagen 'the dog strikes back' by Deutsch, LA
15,534 shares this week
All time: 239,762 shares
5. Volkswagen 'the bark side' by Deutsch, LA
13,368 shares this week
All time: 751,313
6. Social Media Week 'future hipsters' by Entrinsic
11,173 shares this week
All time: 21,699 shares
7. H&M 'David Beckham bodywear' created in-house
9,158 shares this week
All time: 76,253 shares
8. PETA 'boyfriend went vegan' by Matter, USA
8,642 shares this week
All time: 17,783 shares
9. Wheat Thins 'whheat thins' by Being, NY
7,801 shares this week
All time: 49,936 shares
10. Old Spice 'bounce' by Wieden & Kennedy
4,017 shares this week
All time: 69,491 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...