Nissan switches ad focus to ‘innovation’
Nissan is moving away from its urban-themed ad campaigns with a fresh pan-European marketing strategy flagging up the car marque’s innovation.
The car marque is introducing the strap-line "Nissan. Innovation that excites", which will debut in a campaign for its Juke model in the UK next month.
The push, created by TBWA\London, TBWA\G1 and \Else, shows a Juke being built in extreme situations.
The TV ad features a driver plummeting from a plane while other sky-divers build the model around him in mid-air.
It marks a shift away from a product-led strategy to a more brand-led approach.
Nissan's advertising section manager for marketing, Timothée Gazeau, told Marketing that Nissan had previously targeted an audience of male first-time buyers for its Juke model.
He said the fresh approach would appeal to more women, who account for about 35% of its buyers.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London