Nissan switches ad focus to ‘innovation’
Nissan is moving away from its urban-themed ad campaigns with a fresh pan-European marketing strategy flagging up the car marque’s innovation.
The car marque is introducing the strap-line "Nissan. Innovation that excites", which will debut in a campaign for its Juke model in the UK next month.
The push, created by TBWA\London, TBWA\G1 and \Else, shows a Juke being built in extreme situations.
The TV ad features a driver plummeting from a plane while other sky-divers build the model around him in mid-air.
It marks a shift away from a product-led strategy to a more brand-led approach.
Nissan's advertising section manager for marketing, Timothée Gazeau, told Marketing that Nissan had previously targeted an audience of male first-time buyers for its Juke model.
He said the fresh approach would appeal to more women, who account for about 35% of its buyers.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...