VCCP wins global McLaren ad brief
VCCP has picked up the global advertising account for the high-performance sports car manufacturer McLaren Automotive.
McLaren: has recently launched the MP4-12C car as it looks to take on rivals including Ferrari
The agency triumphed in a three-way shoot-out involving The Brooklyn Brothers and Leagas Delaney. JWT had been knocked out at an earlier stage.
McLaren Automotive called the pitch, which was handled by Oystercatchers, in November last year in a bid to challenge its rivals Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche ahead of the launch of a range of sports cars. The first of these – the MP4-12C – has recently launched.
VCCP will also be responsible for developing a global brand position for McLaren Automotive.
The company is working on the launch of a retail network that will open in 18 countries. This will sell and distribute the eight cars made by the McLaren production centre each day.
Greg Levine, the sales and marketing director at McLaren Automotive, said: "As our business operations mature, so must our brand. I am delighted we have appointed VCCP to help define our future communications strategy."
Darren Bailes, the executive creative director at VCCP, added: "McLaren Automotive is already one of the most innovative brands in the world.
"We can’t wait to educate audiences globally on how amazing they are."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...