BMW replaces Land Rover as RFU vehicle sponsor
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has signed a four-year, multimillion-pound sponsorship deal with BMW as its official vehicle partner, replacing Land Rover.
BMW: signs sponsorship deal with the Rugby Football Union
The deal kicks off from September.
In adddition to being the official vehicle partner, BMW UK will also invest in various levels of the game through the partnership, including title sponsors of England's rugby development programme and front-of-shirt sponsors of the England Under-16s, Under- 18s and Under-20s.
Sophie Goldschmidt, RFU chief commercial officer, said: "We are delighted to be entering into a new partnership with BMW Group UK, a company renowned both for the excellence of its vehicles and for supporting the development of athletes."
The deal with Land Rover and the governing body of the sport was thought to be wroth £4m a year and ran out this year.
Reports suggested that Land Rover was not amused by the antics of some of the England squad during the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand last year, including the infamous "midget party".
Earlier this year, the RFU signed up GSK as sponsor and renewed a deal with existing sponsor 02.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...