SEAT looks to make 'virtue' of Spanish origins with new strategy
Spanish car-maker SEAT is revamping its marketing strategy in an effort to improve brand perception outside Spain.
SEAT: hired WPP agency Grey London
The Volkswagen-owned marque has hired WPP agencies Grey London and Possible Worldwide to its European account in an attempt to replicate the marketing success of sister brands VW, Audi and Skoda.
SEAT’s latest ‘Enjoyneering’ brand positioning promotes the benefits of its Spanish design and German engineering. Its main campaign of the year is pencilled-in for the fourth quarter, to back its latest Leon hatchback. It will also roll out a fresh online corporate identity in the coming months.
According to a source, VW has struggled to make a ‘virtue’ of the brand’s Spanish origins in key markets such as the UK, France and Germany, and is keen to create a more ‘consistent’ marketing approach in traditional and digital media.
SEAT’s marketing previously centred on ‘cheeky’ messages, including a 2009 campaign that encouraged parents to have a sex life, using lines such as: ‘Because dirty weekends should be more than watching the kids play football.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London