Vauxhall exploits World Cup qualifier farce with tongue-in-cheek ad
Vauxhall has capitalised on the farrago surrounding Tuesday's rained-off England v Poland World Cup qualifier by bragging that its Cascada model's roof can close in 19 seconds and screening the ads on LED screens in Warsaw stadium during yesterday's rescheduled match.
Vauxhall Cascada: promoted during the England v Poland match in Warsaw
The England team lead sponsor moved quickly on Wednesday to commission the new LED advertising package that carried the message, "The Cascada – A roof that can close in 19 seconds".
The copy was a tongue-in-cheek jibe at Polish organisers, who had failed to close the Warsaw stadium's retractable roof earlier in the week, leading to a waterlogged pitch and a cancelled fixture.
Peter Hope, Vauxhall’s marketing director, said: "We always like to be proactive and tie together our car launches with our football sponsorship portfolio.
"This is a light-hearted campaign in which we can extol the virtues of the Cascada to a television audience of millions."
Vauxhall’s Cascada is a premium range "topper", which has a roof that can close in 19 seconds. It is due to launch in the first quarter of 2013.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...