Emirates strikes five-year F1 deal
Emirates Airlines is making a return to Formula 1 after striking a five-year deal to become the global partner of the sport.
Bernie Ecclestone: F1 commercial boss welcomed Emirates partnership deal
Emirates last had a presence in F1 in 2006, when it sponsored the McLaren racing team, but this lasted just a year.
The latest deal was thrashed out by Emirates chairman Sheikh bin Saeed al-Maktoum and F1 commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone. One report said the deal was worth around $200m (£127m).
The agreement, announced today, means that Emirates will have a branding presence at 15 races of the 2013 season.
Branding will be displayed on circuit bridges, ground signs and in the F1 paddock.
Sheikh bin Saeed al-Maktoum said: "This is an exciting global opportunity to align two world-leading brands. The ambition, cutting-edge technological standards and worldwide reach of Formula 1 go hand in hand with Emirates' vision and ambition."
Emirates already has a presence in rugby, tennis and football, including shirt sponsorships of AC Milan, Arsenal and Paris-Saint Germain football clubs.
Gulf states have invested significant funds in F1, primarily by investing funds into the construction of circuits to stage Grand Prix in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.
Ecclestone said: "Emirates has a first class international reputation and I’m very pleased to welcome such a prestigious company as a global partner of Formula 1."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...