SAS moves into real-time bidding arena
Business analytics software company SAS has acquired ad server technology company AiMatch in a bid to provide ad inventory optimisation to online publishers.
Jim Davis: senior vice president and chief marketing officer, SAS
SAS also plans to extend its capabilities to advertisers and agencies to help them make more informed decisions on where to advertise and how to optimize budgets for maximum impact.
The company claims the ability to process and reallocate ad inventory in real-time, whether via video, mobile, display or other digital media, will be critical for publishers as the digital ad market continues to shift toward real-time bidding.
Marco Bertozzi, the EMEA MD of Publicis Groupe's VivaKi Nerve Center, told Media Week that the deal was a sign the industry was "growing up".
He said: "People are realising that to maximise the potential of real-time bidding they need to have the best technology and analytics."
The arrival of companies such as SAS – and Bertozzi would not be surprised if IBM followed – "could be a threat or an opportunity for SSPs [supply side platforms] like Rubicon Project, in that they could be acquired", he added.
Jim Davis, senior vice president and chief marketing officer at SAS, said: "Digital advertising has huge potential to benefit from the application of advanced analytics.
"Publishers lack a solution to help them efficiently manage ad inventory. Advanced analytics will help determine optimal ad pricing, audience and inventory to yield maximum ad revenue."
The value of the deal has not been disclosed.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...