Information Arts founder quits for angel investments
Simon Lawrence is to pursue angel investment opportunities in business and consumer data companies after quitting his role as chief executive of Information Arts.
Simon Lawrence: stands down as chief executive of Information Arts
Lawrence had led the business-to-business data and analysis provider since founding it in 1999, staying on after selling up to US marketing services giant Harte-Hanks in September 2010.
He left the company at the end of January with a non-compete agreement in place until September.
Lawrence told Brand Republic he was keen to provide investment and expertise to other companies in the data sector.
He said: "I remember from when I started out how hard it was to get access to a relatively small sum of money, say £50,000."
Lawrence added that he believed companies were still having similar problems today in an environment where banks had tightened lending.
He said of his decision to step down: "I am extremely proud of how far Information Arts has come – I set out to create a gold standard for B2B data services and I believe that Information Arts has irrevocably achieved this."
Information Arts has offered data insight for clients including Shell, Cisco, Vodafone and Xerox.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)