The scent of MacBook: artists create Apple fragrance
An artistic collaborative group has created the scent of Apple's MacBook Pro to recreate the aroma of an Apple product being opened for the first time.
Scent creators: image from the Air Aroma blog
Australia-based artists group Greatest Hits, comprising artists Gavin Bell, Jarrah de Kuijer and Simon McGlinn, created the scent in collaboration with fragrance company Air Aroma.
Greatest Hits claims a distinctive scent is created when unwrapping a new Apple product and claims Apple will recognise the smell.
The scent recreates the smell of the plastic wrap covering the box, printed ink on the cardboard, the smell of paper and plastic components inside the box and the smell of the aluminium laptop.
Professional perfume makers in France unboxed a new Apple MacBook Pro while making the fragrance in order to help them recreate the smell.
The fragrance will be on display at an exhibition in Melbourne from 20 April – 12 May.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire