Zizzi scouts young artists to help develop brand identity
Gondola Group-owned Zizzi is launching a plate-design competition fronted by artist Natasha Law in a move to create a unique positioning.
Natasha Law: artist launches Zizzi's plate-design competition
Young artists are invited to upload a plate design that fits the brief, "deliciously stylish", to the chain’s website. The winner will earn royalties on sales from the chosen plates, which will be used and sold in Zizzi’s 121 restaurants.
The winner will also be mentored by Law, who has previously worked with Vogue and Harrods, and will be judging the competition.
Zizzi has gathered a pool of 50 young cooks, designers and musicians through similar competitions over the past three years, as part of an initiative called 'Fresh Talent'.
Members of the creative pool produce hand-drawn advertising material, design restaurant interiors and help develop the company's gelato flavours.
Liz Norris, marketing director at Zizzi, said that working with up-and-coming talent not only gave young people a first step into the creative industries, it had helped the brand develop an identifiable image.
Norris said: "People think Italian's Italian; pizza, pasta – it's challenging standing out. In fact, people aren't going out a lot so we're competing against every restaurant brand now. Using unique artists differentiates us."
Zizzi has 118 outlets across the UK, according to its latest results, and is owned by Gondola, who also own Pizza Express, Ask and the Byron burger chain.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Leicestershire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...