Manchester City kicks off kid-friendly overhaul
Manchester City is launching a major initiative that will develop its junior membership scheme, content and strategy, to boost the club's appeal to children.
Manchester City: appoints John Brown to revamp its membership scheme
The football club, which is currently top of the Barclays Premier League, has appointed customer publisher John Brown to work on a high-profile brief, as it bids to become a more family friendly club.
Manchester City has been proactive in undertaking initiatives to drive up its domestic and global fan base.
Julian Pate, head of marketing at the football club, said: "Our progress on the pitch clearly needs to be matched by how we engage with our young fans, as well as how we grow the UK and worldwide Manchester City following of the future.
"We have big aspirations to develop a 'best in class' kids' experience."
The brief for John Brown is wide-ranging and includes an overhaul of its website, including the creation of exclusive digital content, along with new print developments.
The changes are planned to go ahead this summer, before the start of the next football season.
John Brown won the brief ahead of two undisclosed rival agencies.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...