VIDEO: Coca Cola 'haven't looked to change' us, says Innocent marketer
Coca Cola "haven't looked to change anything about how we approach any aspect of our business" after byuing a 58% stake in Innocent Drinks in 2010, according to Joe McEwan, communities manager at Innocent.
McEwan, acknowledging the concerns of Innocent consumers at the time, said people "recognise we do business in our own way", which, he said, hadn't changed since Coca Cola's investment.
He said: "The same people who worked for us before Coke invested continue to work for us now – the same people who made the big decisions five years ago are still the same guys making the big decisions now."
McEwan added that he had "never been challenged to prove ROI [return on investment]" of interaction with consumers through social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
"There's a lot of people scrambling round in the marketing world to pull together fancy charts to prove a Facebook fan is more likely to buy your product. It's not something we overly concern ourselves with," he said.
Video produced by Sarah Johnson and Ben Hall. Follow on Twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Media Manager - Fashion - Paris Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Role, FMCG brand, ATL, Integrated & Digital - award winning agency MODA consult £35k - £37k plus excellent benefits, Central London