Fruit Shoot to end marketing silence in wake of product recall
Britvic is readying the first campaign for its Robinson's Fruit Shoot children's drink since it was forced into a national product recall in July because of safety issues with the bottle cap.
Robinson's Fruit Shoot: marketing to resume after product recall in July
In July, Britvic ran a press ad to announce a national product recall for Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro bottles, because of safety issues with its new bottling innovation, dubbed the "magicap".
It later issued another press ad explaining why the Fruit Shoot lines had been taken off shelves, thanking consumers for their patience.
A spokesperson for Britvic today (24 August) confirmed that the resupplying of the Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro lines was now "underway" and that a supporting campaign would be released in the coming weeks.
However, the campaign "does not make reference" to Britvic’s issues with the "magicap", and the spokesperson denied that the push would be positioned to reassure consumers about the brand. Britvic said further details of the campaign would be released in due course.
The company admitted in July that the fiasco could cost it up to £25m, because it had failed to "speedily" resolve the issue – a figure that was much higher than the £1m to £5m cost it had previously predicted.
Britvic said at the time that it expected to deliver financial results at the "bottom-end" of market expectations, before taking into account the full impact of the Fruit Shoot recall.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...