Fruit Shoot to end marketing silence in wake of product recall
Britvic is readying the first campaign for its Robinson's Fruit Shoot children's drink since it was forced into a national product recall in July because of safety issues with the bottle cap.
Robinson's Fruit Shoot: marketing to resume after product recall in July
In July, Britvic ran a press ad to announce a national product recall for Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro bottles, because of safety issues with its new bottling innovation, dubbed the "magicap".
It later issued another press ad explaining why the Fruit Shoot lines had been taken off shelves, thanking consumers for their patience.
A spokesperson for Britvic today (24 August) confirmed that the resupplying of the Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro lines was now "underway" and that a supporting campaign would be released in the coming weeks.
However, the campaign "does not make reference" to Britvic’s issues with the "magicap", and the spokesperson denied that the push would be positioned to reassure consumers about the brand. Britvic said further details of the campaign would be released in due course.
The company admitted in July that the fiasco could cost it up to £25m, because it had failed to "speedily" resolve the issue – a figure that was much higher than the £1m to £5m cost it had previously predicted.
Britvic said at the time that it expected to deliver financial results at the "bottom-end" of market expectations, before taking into account the full impact of the Fruit Shoot recall.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Gemini Search £24000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Global PR Account Executive / Senior Account Exec Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £17000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Benefits , Manchester