EBay unveils 'cleaner, more contemporary and consistent' logo
EBay has changed its logo for the first time in its 17-year history as it seeks to move away from being perceived as just an auction site.
EBay: unveils its first logo change in 17 years
The ecommerce giant has retained some features for the revamped logo, such as the multi-coloured letters. The letters are no longer different sizes and at different heights, which eBay claims makes it "cleaner, more contemporary and consistent."
The logo was designed by an in-house team together with design agency Lippincott, and will be rolled out across eBay sites and marketing channels this autumn.
Devin Wenig, president of eBay, said the new logo was "rooted in our proud history and reflects a dynamic future".
He said: "It’s eBay today – a global online marketplace that offers a cleaner, more contemporary and consistent experience, with innovation that makes buying and selling easier and more enjoyable."
The update forms part of the company’s strategy to move away from being perceived as just an auction site.
Mobile is also a key part of the company's strategy and it expects eBay and PayPal mobile transactions to total $10bn (£6.2bn) in volume this year, which is double last year's figure.
As part of its push to be considered as a fashion retailer, eBay UK this week launched a House of Holland digital pop-up store, as part of London Fashion Week.Follow @shearmans
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...