Top brands battle it out for Marketing Design Awards
Top brands including BP, Bacardi, Morrisons, Ocado, Reckitt Benckiser, and Pret a Manger went under the microscope in a hotly debated judging day for the Marketing Design Awards 2012.
Marketing Design Awards 2012: entry numbers 20% up on 2011
Entry numbers are up by 20% on last year, reflecting the strength of British creativity in the Olympic and Jubilee year. Despite continued tough trading for designers, with budgets tight and deadlines shorter than ever, the judges commended the standard of work.
Judges considered 120 entries in 16 categories, covering nine product sectors and seven design-use categories, including identity, products launch and rebrand.
The awards were chaired by Red or Dead founder, Wayne Hemingway, with a panel of judges including client companies from Diageo and John Lewis, as well as major design agencies. The judges also considered a Client of the Year award for the client company that embraced bold thinking and delivered brave design.
Leigh Cain, head of design at the Museum of London, said: "It was good to see entries that captured the positive spirit of the Olympics. It is obviously a challenging market and there was work that perhaps played it safe, but there is still work that reflects great design."
Hemingway will be presenting the awards at a gala lunch at Grosvenor House on 7 November.
For more details on the event and to book tickets, go to www.marketingdesignawards.com.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior UI Designer Zebra People £45000 - £55000 per annum + lots of benefits., City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...