Marie Stopes to run first abortion advisory TV ad in UK history
LONDON - The first ever TV ad campaign promoting abortion advisory services in the UK is to launch next week.
Marie Stopes: first TV ad around unplanned pregnancy
The ad, for sexual health services provider Marie Stopes International, is to roll out on Channel 4 at 10.10pm on 24 May. The campaign is based around the question 'Are you late?', and directs women facing an unintended pregnancy to the organisation's 24-hour helpline.
The TV, poster, digital outdoor, online and direct mail campaign was created by icreate4, with media planning and buying by Village Green.
It follows the recent major review of the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) and the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice (BCAP) regulations, which allowed the broadcast of advertising around pregnancy advisory services for the first time.
Julie Douglas, head of marketing at Marie Stopes International, said it was the "right time" for an ad campaign about unplanned pregnancy advisory services.
"It's a challenging move by Marie Stopes International but we feel television is the best place to let women know who to contact if they need help. The campaign will encourage people to talk about unplanned pregnancy and abortion more openly and honestly," said Douglas.
The plans have by criticised by pro-life campaigners such as the Society For The Protection Of Unborn Children, which is planning a legal challenge to block the ads from running.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Communications Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + plus benefits, Letchworth Garden City
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...