Waitrose salutes success of Delia and Heston campaign
Waitrose has said its marketing campaign featuring Delia Smith and Heston Blumenthal has "paid dividends", by generating an additional 370,000 customer transactions in its first eight weeks.
Waitrose: Delia and Heston TV campaign boosts sales
The campaign, created by MCBD, started at the end of March and paired the UK's favourite TV chef with her more experimental young counterpart.
Waitrose parent company, John Lewis Partnership, vaunted the supermarket's "consistent and significant outperformance of the market" in its latest financial results published today (16 September).
Waitrose's gross sales rose 11.3% year on year to £2.4bn during the six months to 31 July, and operating profit rose 6.2% to £127.8m.
The company said its Waitrose Deliver online service continued to grow and was now in 133 branches. Online grocery sales were up 54% in the period.
It also disclosed its Essentials range, introduced in March 2009 as a response to customers tightening their belts during the recession, now accounts for 17% of sales.
The company said Essentials gave "customers a clear entry price point with no compromise on quality and is established as a firm favourite".
Waitrose currently has 185 branches and employs 37,000 people.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...