BR Video: Is Burger King or McDonald's the home of value and quality?
With the news that Burger King is to launch its first "value" menu, we asked the public to tell us who offered the best value and quality, BK or McDonald's?
Burger King is to roll-out the "value" menu from January, introducing an offering that competes with its bigger rival's "Saver menu".
The members of the public interviewed leaned towards the opinion that McDonald's was cheaper, but they were divided on quality.
The interviews were conducted in Sutton, with two respondents highlighting how the McDonald's restaurant in the town was engaging in promotional offers.
Amelia, a 17-year-old student, said: "Burger King is a bit too expensive but you don't really get that much for it."
TV director Ben concurred, criticising the cost of Burger King at service stations, but felt the two chains were "much of a muchness" on quality.
But the home of the Whopper had a die-hard defender in 63-year-old retiree Peter, who claimed: "Burger King has always been a quality burger, I'd prefer it over McDonald's any day. It's more expensive than McDonald's, but it's quality."
He was not alone in expressing the view that his choice was healthier and said he believed McDonald's food contained "too much sugar".
Burger King "tastes healthier", said receptionist Maria, and is "slightly healthier" because they grill the beef, in the words of Edith, a 32-year-old press officer.
The video was produced by Vox Pops International on behalf of Brand Republic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...