Domestos unveils app to track toilet flushes
Domestos, the Unilever bleach brand, has launched a quirky app that enables consumers to track the progress of their toilet flushes, in support of the World Toilet Organisation.
Domestos: flush tracker app zooms in to The Whitehouse
The "Flushtracker" app, designed by digital agency Lean Mean Fighting Machine, lets users follow what happens when a flush leaves their toilet. When users type in the toilet’s location and the time they last flushed, the app reveals the position, speed and distance travelled by the flush.
The app covers 360,000 miles of sewers in the UK, as well as systems in South Africa and Ire-land. Users can also see where flushes travel - from Buckingham Palace, the White House, the Taj Mahal and the Kremlin.
The app has been launched to mark World Toilet Day on Friday. It aims to raise awareness of the fact that more than 2.5 billion people have no access to clean and private toilet facilities and are more vulnerable to diseases as a result.
Unilever has been increasing its focus on digital marketing recently under the guidance of global communications director Babs Rangaiah.
Speaking at the Revolution Forum last week, Lean Mean Fighting Machine managing director Tom Bazeley discussed for the first time the agency’s controversial Facebook status takeover campaign for Dr Pepper.
The agency lost the Coca-Cola digital account after the opt-in campaign resulted in a 14-year-old girl's status being hijacked and a reference to a pornographic movie inserted in its place.
Bazeley said that if the agency were to do the campaign again, greater attention to detail would have been paid when choosing status updates.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London