Twix poised to roll out global ad push
Twix is to launch its biggest global campaign in years with a humorous ad that attempts to position the brand as the snack of choice when taking a break.
Twix: 2010 pause and see more TV campaign
It is understood that the TV ads for the Mars-owned brand will break later this year. It will be the first global work since the consolidation of the Twix account into TBWA last April.
The agency already held much of the brand's business worldwide, but added the US account following a winner-takes-all pitch against SapientNitro.
Over the past 12 months, Twix has also been unifying its packaging design globally. The logo now features a pause-button device in place of the dot over the 'i'.
The change was intended to reinforce the brand's 'break' positioning - an occasion more usually associated with Kit Kat and its 'Have a break' slogan in the minds of UK consumers. The pause theme is being considered for use in Twix's ads.
The push follows a 1% dip in the sales of Twix to £43.6m in the past year, despite wider value rises in the category as the cost of raw materials rose.
Twix spent £3.2m on advertising in the year to November 2010, according to Nielsen.
Mars and TBWA\Network would not comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...