Jamie Oliver rides high in BR app chart
Jamie Oliver's latest recipe app has risen to the top of the BR app chart this week, while Yell's latest TV advertising drive appears to have paid off in terms of downloads of its Yell.com app.
Top spot: Jamie Oliver's latest recipe app is number one on the BR chart
The Jamie Oliver app, developed by Zolmo, offers 13 free recipes and three free videos, but charges for additional content.
Last week's number one, the RBS 6 Nations Rugby app, is still riding high in second place.
Yell.com, which is not a new app, made the highest new entry in the top 15 at number eight, in a quiet week for new arrivals.
The surge is likely down to the app's prominent appearance in Yell's new marketing campaign, which features a TV ad that broke last Sunday (6 February).
According to Yell, downloads of the app in the week after 6 February were 130% higher than the three weeks before and searches made through the app were up 27%. The figures are an average of the uplift for each day after 6 February compared with the average value for the same day druing the three weeks preceding 6 February.
The ad reprises the classic Yellow Pages 'JR Hartley' 1980s spot with a twist that the Yell.com app helps a DJ track down his lost remix.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Web Project Manager (Part-time) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Competitive daily rate, London (Central), London (Greater)