Jamie Oliver rides high in BR app chart
Jamie Oliver's latest recipe app has risen to the top of the BR app chart this week, while Yell's latest TV advertising drive appears to have paid off in terms of downloads of its Yell.com app.
Top spot: Jamie Oliver's latest recipe app is number one on the BR chart
The Jamie Oliver app, developed by Zolmo, offers 13 free recipes and three free videos, but charges for additional content.
Last week's number one, the RBS 6 Nations Rugby app, is still riding high in second place.
Yell.com, which is not a new app, made the highest new entry in the top 15 at number eight, in a quiet week for new arrivals.
The surge is likely down to the app's prominent appearance in Yell's new marketing campaign, which features a TV ad that broke last Sunday (6 February).
According to Yell, downloads of the app in the week after 6 February were 130% higher than the three weeks before and searches made through the app were up 27%. The figures are an average of the uplift for each day after 6 February compared with the average value for the same day druing the three weeks preceding 6 February.
The ad reprises the classic Yellow Pages 'JR Hartley' 1980s spot with a twist that the Yell.com app helps a DJ track down his lost remix.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...