Angelina Jolie to be £6m face of Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton is to pay Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie more than £6m to be the face of its high-end fashion label.
Angelina Jolie: models for US brand St John in 2010
The £6.1m ($10m) paid to Jolie is thought to be a record for a single advertising campaign.
The global print ad campaign is set to launch this summer and celebrated photographer Annie Leibovitz will take the photographs, according to reports.
Jolie follows Jennifer Lopez, Madonna and Scarlett Johansson as previous ambassadors for Louis Vuitton's high-end products.
The shoot for the ad campaign will take place in the next two weeks, and the images will appear in newspapers and magazines around the world later this year.
Jolie, who is the partner of actor Brad Pitt, is known to be selective about endorsing products. Her most recent modelling contracts were for fashion company St John and cosmetic label Shiseido.
Louis Vuitton's payout dwarfs that of the £3.2m T-Mobile paid to Catherine Zeta Jones.
Louis Vuitton was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London