Angelina Jolie to be £6m face of Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton is to pay Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie more than £6m to be the face of its high-end fashion label.
Angelina Jolie: models for US brand St John in 2010
The £6.1m ($10m) paid to Jolie is thought to be a record for a single advertising campaign.
The global print ad campaign is set to launch this summer and celebrated photographer Annie Leibovitz will take the photographs, according to reports.
Jolie follows Jennifer Lopez, Madonna and Scarlett Johansson as previous ambassadors for Louis Vuitton's high-end products.
The shoot for the ad campaign will take place in the next two weeks, and the images will appear in newspapers and magazines around the world later this year.
Jolie, who is the partner of actor Brad Pitt, is known to be selective about endorsing products. Her most recent modelling contracts were for fashion company St John and cosmetic label Shiseido.
Louis Vuitton's payout dwarfs that of the £3.2m T-Mobile paid to Catherine Zeta Jones.
Louis Vuitton was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIRECT AND DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Cirencester
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London