Marketing's Helen Edwards wins PPA Columnist of the Year
Helen Edwards, Marketing's regular commentator on brand strategy, was last night named business media columnist of the year at the PPA Awards, which celebrate editorial and publishing excellence.
Helen Edwards: wins PPA Columnist of the Year
Edwards, whose marketing consultancy Passionbrand works for some of the world's biggest brands, joined Marketing’s line-up of columnists in April 2010.
She beat stiff competition to win the prestigious prize.
Edwards said she was "delighted" to win the PPA Award: "The column is a chance to impart to the readers of Marketing what I learn in my day job, combining it with the best of what academia has to offer."
Noelle McElhatton, editor, Marketing, said: "I'm thrilled and not surprised that Helen, one of the sharpest brains in marketing, has won this award. Often controversial, always thought-provoking and constructive, Helen’s weekly dissection of brand strategy is appointment reading for marketers in companies large and small, whom we know find Helen's insight invaluable."
Edwards has an MBA from London Business School and a PhD in Marketing from Bath University. She spent 16 years working with some of the world's biggest brands including Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, BT, Motorola and Renault.
She guest lectures at the London Business School and Bath University, and is the co-author of 'Creating Passion Brands: how to build emotional brand connection with consumers'.
Haymarket Media Group, publishers of Marketing, also won the PPA monthly business magazine of the year prize for its title Windpower Monthly.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...