Marketing's Helen Edwards wins PPA Columnist of the Year
Helen Edwards, Marketing's regular commentator on brand strategy, was last night named business media columnist of the year at the PPA Awards, which celebrate editorial and publishing excellence.
Helen Edwards: wins PPA Columnist of the Year
Edwards, whose marketing consultancy Passionbrand works for some of the world's biggest brands, joined Marketing’s line-up of columnists in April 2010.
She beat stiff competition to win the prestigious prize.
Edwards said she was "delighted" to win the PPA Award: "The column is a chance to impart to the readers of Marketing what I learn in my day job, combining it with the best of what academia has to offer."
Noelle McElhatton, editor, Marketing, said: "I'm thrilled and not surprised that Helen, one of the sharpest brains in marketing, has won this award. Often controversial, always thought-provoking and constructive, Helen’s weekly dissection of brand strategy is appointment reading for marketers in companies large and small, whom we know find Helen's insight invaluable."
Edwards has an MBA from London Business School and a PhD in Marketing from Bath University. She spent 16 years working with some of the world's biggest brands including Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, BT, Motorola and Renault.
She guest lectures at the London Business School and Bath University, and is the co-author of 'Creating Passion Brands: how to build emotional brand connection with consumers'.
Haymarket Media Group, publishers of Marketing, also won the PPA monthly business magazine of the year prize for its title Windpower Monthly.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Head of University Marketing University of Manchester Competitive, Manchester
- Business Development Manager - Beauty - Up to £30k Digital Gurus £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Senior/Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, Reigate