LOCOG puts brands on alert over 'ambush' ads
London 2012 organiser Locog is to launch a major campaign to inform brands how it will clamp down on ambush marketing in the build-up to the Olympic Games.
London 2012: educating brands on ambush marketing
It will begin the activity in September, in a drive to avoid a repeat of the guerrilla marketing tactics seen at the last FIFA World Cup.
Some experts believe that ambush marketing will hit unprecedented levels during the Games, as rivals of sponsors try to benefit from the event.
Sources have told Marketing the activity is likely to run across print, online, direct and outdoor.
Central to the campaign will be educating stakeholders and the wider business community on the new rules on ambush marketing, which will soon become law. Brands that break the rules could face court.
It is thought LOCOG, with law firm Freshfields, has briefed brands and sponsorship agencies on the subject.
Tier one - Adidas, BMW, BP, British Airways, BT, EDF, Lloyds TSB
Tier two - Adecco, ArcelorMittal, Cadbury, Cisco, Deloitte, Thomas Cook, UPS
Tier three - Aggreko, Airwave, Atkins, The Boston Consulting Group, CBS Outdoor, Crystal CG, Eurostar, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, G4S, GlaxoSmith-Kline, Gymnova, Heineken UK, Holiday Inn, John Lewis, McCann Worldgroup, Mondo, Next, The Nielsen Company, Populous, Rapiscan Systems, Rio Tinto, Technogym, Thames Water, Ticketmaster, Trebor
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)