Shoppers to meet eBay for real in pop-up Christmas store
The public will get their first encounter with eBay sales assistants in December when the brand opens a temporary London store to showcase the range of products that can be bought through its smartphone app.
eBay: readies Christmas store
The eBay Christmas Boutique in Soho's Dean Street will be open on 1-5 December, staffed by a mix of eBay employees and temporary staff.
It will stock 200 lines of products from brands such as Zavvi, Debenhams and iwantoneofthose.com.
The only way to buy the products will be through the eBay mobile app. Cash and credit cards will not be accepted.
Buyers must scan a product's QR code with the eBay mobile app, which will take them to the relevant product page on the eBay website.
Staff will be trained to assist people download the app and help users open an eBay account. Smartphones will also be made available for shoppers.
The store is based around gifting and will be products will be stocked in sections. Dresses will be included in the "her" section, gadgets will be stocked in the "him" section and games consoles will feature in the "family" section.
A spokeswoman for eBay says there are "no concrete plans to open more" of the pop-up stores.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London