Freesat launches new ad as free-to-air market hots up
Freesat, the free satellite TV service, has unveiled a new ad campaign under the tagline "Freesat. Satellite TV made easy" just days after rival digital terrestrial television service Freeview revealed its plans for the next three years.
Freesat: rolls out TV campaign
The Freesat TV ad has been seeded online ahead of its first airing on TV on Monday (21 November) and marks the return of the Freesat 1 satellite space station orbiting earth and Team Freesat (Stanley, Stu and Izzy).
The team has an unwelcome visitor in the form of "spaceship-to-spaceship salesman" Lance who arrives with his complicated and confusing sales pitch – the antithesis of Freesat's straightforward offer.
After the cost of installation, Freesat is totally free. In the past year it has added the ITV Player to its service as well as several new channels, including two in high-definition.
The ad is the second TV campaign by VCCP since it picked up the account nearly two years ago. It was directed by 'The Mighty Boosh' director Paul King from Stink and stars actor Rich Fulcher, who played Bob Fossil in 'The Mighty Boosh'.
At VCCP the copywriter was William Bernhardt and the art director was Matthew Mifsud. Post production was by Framestore and audio-post production was by Wave.
Will Abbott, marketing and communications director at Freesat said: "We've brought Team Freesat back together on Freesat1 to create an entertaining campaign with a simple message – that in the face of increasing complexity and choice Freesat offers customers an easy way to enjoy brilliant TV, catch-free."
Freeview's £60m three-year marketing push launches tomorrow as part of a last-ditch attempt to take share from pay-TV brands as the UK digital switchover nears completion by promoting the "generosity" of its offering.
It is unclear what form internet-connected TV joint venture YouView's marketing will take after its marketing director Tim Hunt departed last month. Adam & Eve won the YouView account in November last year.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...