John Lewis to open dedicated Olympic shops
John Lewis is to roll out 29 dedicated Olympic shops within its department stores, as part of its tier-three sponsorship of London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
John Lewis: to open 29 dedicated Olympic shops in its department stores
John Lewis will also dedicate space to selling London 2012 merchandise in its smaller stores.
Today (10 April), top officials from John Lewis and the organisers of London 2012 disclosed details of the plan.
John Lewis already has a London 2012 store wihtin its Stratford store in East London, which has been open for around six months. But today marked the roll out of the other stores.
John Lewis is the official retailer of London 2012 and, within its London 2012 stores, will sell mugs, clothes, sports equipment, homeware and jewellery. Some of the products will be exclusive to the deparment store.
As part of the tie-up, the John Lewis will supply the Olympic site in Stratford with furniture and soft furnishings.
Sebastian Coe, the London 2012 chairman who today visited the John Lewis Oxford Street store, said: "The difference between a good and a great Games is that you need to focus on the quality of the volunteers. And this [John Lewis] is an organisation that can do this."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
|Top 10 selling London 2012 merchandise|
British Icons Routemaster, Red, £10
Lenticular Tumbler, Pictogram, £2
Union Jack Mascot Mug, £5
Keyring, Union Jack, £6
Mascot, Wenlock, 20cm, £9.95
Union Jack Gymsack, Navy/red/white, £5.60
Pictogram Mug, £6
Lenticular Tumbler, £2
Wristbands, Multi, Set of 4, £5
Logo Pin Badge, Medium, Union Jack, £6
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...