Plusnet drops Yorkshire from strapline
Broadband provider Plusnet is changing its strapline from "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" to "we'll do you proud".
Despite the switch, the company is not moving its customer service operation from Yorkshire and will again feature straight-talking Northern character Joe and the Plusnet brass band in its next ad campaign.
It first used "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" in 2010 after appointing Karmarama as its retained advertising agency.
The company's product line-up includes home phone as well as broadband and Plusnet hopes the new strapline will highlight the strength of its service.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "This is our promise to do right by our customers and our people.
"We believe in straightforward and honest conversation, nothing has changed from this perspective but we’re keen to build awareness of our growing product portfolio, nationwide availability and award winning customer services."
Its latest ad will promote its half-price broadband for six months offer for new customers and will allude to its recent recommendation by Which?
The ad by Karmarama airs today. Media was planned and bought by Maxus with a terrestrial upweight in the North of England.
Plusnet was launched in 2000 and was acquired by BT in 2007.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...