Plusnet drops Yorkshire from strapline
Broadband provider Plusnet is changing its strapline from "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" to "we'll do you proud".
Despite the switch, the company is not moving its customer service operation from Yorkshire and will again feature straight-talking Northern character Joe and the Plusnet brass band in its next ad campaign.
It first used "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" in 2010 after appointing Karmarama as its retained advertising agency.
The company's product line-up includes home phone as well as broadband and Plusnet hopes the new strapline will highlight the strength of its service.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "This is our promise to do right by our customers and our people.
"We believe in straightforward and honest conversation, nothing has changed from this perspective but we’re keen to build awareness of our growing product portfolio, nationwide availability and award winning customer services."
Its latest ad will promote its half-price broadband for six months offer for new customers and will allude to its recent recommendation by Which?
The ad by Karmarama airs today. Media was planned and bought by Maxus with a terrestrial upweight in the North of England.
Plusnet was launched in 2000 and was acquired by BT in 2007.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire