McDonald's to introduce Olympic happy meal promotion
McDonald's is launching a 'Mascotathon' happy meal promotion on Wednesday (18 April), featuring the London 2012 Games characters, Wenlock and Mandeville.
McDonald's: happy meal drive features 2012 mascosts Wenlock and Mandeville
McDonald's is the official restaurant provider to London 2012, and its new promotion involves the brand giving away nine million toys with its happy meals, encouraging children to engage with the Games.
The toys include two stepometers, a jumpometer, a bat and ball, shuttle run-counter and a relay baton.
Mascots Wenlock and Mandeville will carry out a three-month regional tour of McDonald's restaurants across the UK, starting this weekend (21 April) in Cardiff. The mascots will be joined by decathlon athlete and McDonald's ambassador, Dean Macey.
The promotion will be supported by an online competition that will award 100 children with tickets to the Games, the chance to meet an Olympian, and behind-the-scenes access to events. Wednesday (18 April) marks 100 days until the start of the Games.
McDonald's' last happy meal promotion was launched at the start of this year, giving away nine million children’s books as part of a tie-up with publisher HarperCollins.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...