Success on digital platforms relies on risk-taking, says Initiative's Altman
ABC Interaction 2012: Media agencies are equipped to advise and navigate media owners through an evolving digital landscape says Alex Altman, chief executive, Initiative, who added that media owners should be braced for some failure.
Alex Altman: chief executive, Initiative
Speaking exclusively to Media Week after his presentation at this year's Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) Interaction event, Altman said: "There is no-one that knows for certain what is going to work tomorrow. The good publishers, media owners and agencies are those that are trying things."
Asked what role media agencies could play in helping publishers to monetise digital platforms, he said media owners must be prepared to take a risk and accept that not everything will work.
He said: "The successful publishers and the successful media owners are prepared to understand the audience and take a chance."
Altman's presentation at the event centred around partnerships and creating new content for clients. He said increasingly every brief calls for a bespoke solution and what works today may not necessarily work at a later date.
Watch the full interview with Alex Altman, chief executive at Initiative below.
Tomorrow, Jerry Wright, CEO of the ABC, talks about keeping the bureau relevant and adapting for a new online audience.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...