The AA calls £7 million advertising review
The AA has put its £7 million advertising account up for pitch.
AA: McCann London created its most recent campaign featuring John Cleese
McCann London was responsible for the AA’s most recent campaigns, including those that feature John Cleese and promote the brand’s home emergency services.
The "faulty shower" spot, which sees Cleese reprise an incredulous Basil Fawlty character when confronted with a leak in the ceiling, broke in October 2010. It was supported by press, online and direct mail activity.
Delaney Lund Knox Warren, now DLKW Lowe, previously worked on the AA account. It was responsible for the "AA as a friend" positioning for the roadside emergency part of the business that launched in 2005.
One 2009 spot, directed by Tony Kaye, featured AA patrolmen singing a version of the Carole King song You’ve Got A Friend.
The AA, which declined to comment on the review, is part of the private-equity group Acromas Holdings and is a sister company of Saga Group, the travel and finance brand that focuses on the over-50s.
In January, VCCP picked up the £32 million integrated Saga account after an internal review.
Saga had previously worked with a number of agencies on specific advertising projects, including McCann London and DCH.
The AA’s marketing director, Michael Cutbill, was formerly the marketing director for financial services at Saga.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...