Paddy Power seeks agency help to stage more stunts
Bookmaker Paddy Power is looking to maintain its reputation for controversial stunts by issuing targeted briefs to agencies.
PR stunt: A Paddy Power jockey rides the Uffington White Horse to promote the Cheltenham Festival
The betting firm has sent tailored briefs to a number of agencies asking for support in stunt development on a project-by-project basis.
Paddy Power is well known for its controversial PR activities. In 2010 it erected a 50ft Hollywood-style sign on Cleeve Hill for the Gold Cup at Cheltenham, which was forcibly removed because the company did not have planning permission.
Taylor Herring also handled a stunt for the firm, in which it temporarily placed a jockey on the Uffington White Horse to promote the Cheltenham Festival.
Paddy Power continued to court controversy last month when it released a YouTube viral featuring a 'sex-starved' England football team.
The clip was given an over-18 restriction, leading Paddy Power to label the website as the 'fun police'.
An agency source that received one of the briefs told PRWeek that Paddy Power's move to improve its stunt support comes as the company looks to become 'bigger, better and bolder'.
A Paddy Power spokesman said: 'We don't have a formal PR agency pitch in progress at the moment. There is, however, a brief going around a few agencies for stunt ideas.'
He added: 'We're always searching for the next big stunt.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London