Paddy Power seeks agency help to stage more stunts
Bookmaker Paddy Power is looking to maintain its reputation for controversial stunts by issuing targeted briefs to agencies.
PR stunt: A Paddy Power jockey rides the Uffington White Horse to promote the Cheltenham Festival
The betting firm has sent tailored briefs to a number of agencies asking for support in stunt development on a project-by-project basis.
Paddy Power is well known for its controversial PR activities. In 2010 it erected a 50ft Hollywood-style sign on Cleeve Hill for the Gold Cup at Cheltenham, which was forcibly removed because the company did not have planning permission.
Taylor Herring also handled a stunt for the firm, in which it temporarily placed a jockey on the Uffington White Horse to promote the Cheltenham Festival.
Paddy Power continued to court controversy last month when it released a YouTube viral featuring a 'sex-starved' England football team.
The clip was given an over-18 restriction, leading Paddy Power to label the website as the 'fun police'.
An agency source that received one of the briefs told PRWeek that Paddy Power's move to improve its stunt support comes as the company looks to become 'bigger, better and bolder'.
A Paddy Power spokesman said: 'We don't have a formal PR agency pitch in progress at the moment. There is, however, a brief going around a few agencies for stunt ideas.'
He added: 'We're always searching for the next big stunt.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London