Paddy Power seeks agency help to stage more stunts
Bookmaker Paddy Power is looking to maintain its reputation for controversial stunts by issuing targeted briefs to agencies.
PR stunt: A Paddy Power jockey rides the Uffington White Horse to promote the Cheltenham Festival
The betting firm has sent tailored briefs to a number of agencies asking for support in stunt development on a project-by-project basis.
Paddy Power is well known for its controversial PR activities. In 2010 it erected a 50ft Hollywood-style sign on Cleeve Hill for the Gold Cup at Cheltenham, which was forcibly removed because the company did not have planning permission.
Taylor Herring also handled a stunt for the firm, in which it temporarily placed a jockey on the Uffington White Horse to promote the Cheltenham Festival.
Paddy Power continued to court controversy last month when it released a YouTube viral featuring a 'sex-starved' England football team.
The clip was given an over-18 restriction, leading Paddy Power to label the website as the 'fun police'.
An agency source that received one of the briefs told PRWeek that Paddy Power's move to improve its stunt support comes as the company looks to become 'bigger, better and bolder'.
A Paddy Power spokesman said: 'We don't have a formal PR agency pitch in progress at the moment. There is, however, a brief going around a few agencies for stunt ideas.'
He added: 'We're always searching for the next big stunt.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...