Sky opens creative agency talks
BSkyB is looking for a creative agency to handle a major new advertising brief and is preparing to expand its creative agency roster.
Sky: has approached non-roster agencies ahead of a potential pitch for a major new brief
The broadcaster and internet service provider, which spends £163 million on its advertising, has already approached non-roster agencies ahead of a potential pitch for the task.
Agencies have been put on standby and told to expect an invitation to compete for a brief imminently. The independent consultant Steve Kershaw, a former Bartle Bogle Hegarty group director, has made the initial approaches to non-roster agencies.
However, BSkyB is first talking to its roster agencies, including WCRS and Brothers and Sisters, about the brief before formally inviting non-roster shops to pitch for the account and a place on the roster.
A Sky spokesman said: "We continue to work with WCRS and have no plans whatsoever for that to change. As a growing company, we have an increasing number of briefs spanning our products, services and content.
"That’s why we’re always reviewing how we can bolster our roster of creative agencies to best meet the varied demands across our business."
Sky is currently running its "fairytale" campaign, by WCRS, which involves a modern retelling of classic fairytales.
A recent execution promoted its broadband offering through a retelling of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Previous work has included a modern twist on Snow White, The Emperor’s New Clothes and The Princess And The Pea.
WCRS has worked with Sky since 2006 after a head-to-head pitch against WPP Group’s Team Sky, led by Grey. In addition to Brothers and Sisters, Sky’s roster includes Elvis, AKQA and 20:20.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)