Hawaii Tourism Authority seeks agency for western European brief
An agency hunt is under way for a western European brief to help promote Hawaii as a tourist destination.
Travel brief: Hawaii Tourism Authority to target the UK and Germany
The Hawaii Tourism Authority brief will primarily target the UK and Germany, with a secondary focus on France, Italy, Switzerland and the Scandinavian countries.
Worth $120,000 (£78,600) a year and set to last two years, the work will begin in January 2013, with a focus on increasing the number of travellers to the islands.
The HTA was set up in 1998 and is the island’s state-backed body tasked with overseeing tourism.
Agencies have until 19 June to submit their proposals and selected agencies will pitch at the HTA headquarters in O'ahu.
The brief states that as well as upping tourism and tourist spend, agencies must drive an increase in the number of pages in tour operators’ brochures that carry Hawaii.
The brief adds that agencies are required to 'position the destination as a more enriching experiential value, exotic with a multicultural make-up multiple islands each with their own distinct personalities'.
The HTA is also looking for an increase in online presence on travel agency websites, as well as social media work and 'the use of webinars for travel trade'.
Aviareps Tourism is believed to be the HTA’s current general sales agent providing representation in Europe. A decision is expected by early August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Assistant, up to £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic Benefits, Teddington